Butterfly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for people who love sad romances, and loooove to write.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Story and Insipration

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MomokoXx
Admin
MomokoXx

Story and Insipration Empty
PostSubject: Story and Insipration   Story and Insipration EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 3:29 pm

This role play was inspried by a poem that my com. arts teacher read to us in class last year. This poem touched my heart and soul. And I would like everyone here to understand why I came up with this role play, why I made this site.

I Never Saw Another Butterfly
The last, the very last,
So richly, brightly, dazzlingly yellow.
Perhaps if the sun's tears would sing
against a white stone. . . .
Such, such a yellow
Is carried lightly 'way up high.
It went away I'm sure because it wished to
kiss the world good-bye.
For seven weeks I've lived in here,
Penned up inside this ghetto.
But I have found what I love here.
The dandelions call to me
And the white chestnut branches in the court.
Only I never saw another butterfly.
That butterfly was the last one.
Butterflies don't live in here,
in the ghetto.
- by Pavel Friedman
Pavel Friedmann was born in Prague on January 7, 1921. He was deported to Terezin on April 26, 1942 and later to Auschwitz, where he died on September 29, 1944.

The story
It is year 1942. Germany. In the ghetto of Lodz. The Holocaust is just begining to spew. Many Jewish children, teens and family's are beginning to be transported to the ghettos. The ghettos were a place that Hitler "stored" the people he wanted to pursicut until they were shipped off to concentration camps. Living conditions were horrible. Family's were shoved together in various apartments. There was hardly ever enough food to eat. Hardly ever a way to make good money. It was dirty, children were lucky to have just one set of clotheing, and even luckier to have a pair of shoes. Many children were left without a family, because they had been split apart when they had been shipped off to a ghetto. It was a horrible place to live, but they people who lived there had no choice. These people had nothing but hope. And this story is based on the lives of children and teens who did their best to live, hope, love, and experiance their lives to the best of their abilities.
Back to top Go down
http://butterfly.lovelyforum.net
Zero

Zero

Story and Insipration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story and Insipration   Story and Insipration EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 7:40 am

I found this website on the holocaust if you want to read about it before you start playing just catch up on your history

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/article.php?lang=en&ModuleId=10005143
Back to top Go down

Story and Insipration
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Butterfly :: Role Playing :: Butterfly-
Jump to: